Server Consolidation & Server Virtualisation
Consolidation is a key part of todays IT strategy for businesses of all sizes and demands.
CMA provide system consolidation by incorporating IBM System x Hardware and VMware technologies to deliver results through virtualization.
Virtualization enables the sharing of hardware which can then be allocated to multiple virtual environments; thereby maximizing the cost effective utilization of the IT infrastructure.
IBM BladeCentres offer the best solution as a platform to grow with the needs of your business.
BladeCentre solutions provide the benefits of;
- Flexible, scalable design
- High availability with robust reliability and resilient redundancy
- Shared infrastructure resources
- Consolidated and centralized management
- Reduced power, thereby reducing your carbon footprint
- Less cables and less physical space requirements
- Less physical systems to manage
VMware virtulization delivers;
- Server consolidation and containment
- Increase Server utilization rates from 5-15% to 60-80%
- Test and development optimization
- Rapid provisioning of new equipment by using pre-configured systems
- Business continuity
- High availability solutions enabling an entire system to be run as a single file which can then be deployed / recovered to a target server
- Enterprise desktop
- Secure delivery of critical desktops without compromising user autonomy
The following diagram illustrates the VMware virtualization model.